Today was an awkward day for some. It was the day to record your origin story, whether through a blog, a podcast, or Facebook Live.
I spent a few years in radio, so it wasn’t a big deal for me. I can sympathize with those for whom this was really stepping out of their comfort zones.
But I digress.
The assignment today was to share your origin story. How did you get to the point you are at today?
There are eight components to this story:
- the backstory — what makes you real and believable?
- desires — what do/did you want, both externally and internally?
- wall — where did you get stuck?
- epiphany — a new opportunity
- plan — what was/is the plan to achieve your desires?
- conflict — what problem did you experience along the way?
- achievement — what was the end result?
- transformation — what change did you experience?
That’s it. That’s your story. Tell it, and let people resonate with you.
Let them know you’re human, let them know you’re real, let them know your journey, and they’ll buy your stuff.
This was a great break-through-the-wall lesson for me, and I hope it will be for others as well.
My epiphany actually occurred prior to writing this post. It all kind of came to me as I was going through the process. I kept thinking, “But I don’t know that I really have an Epiphany Bridge story.” I did. It just took me some time to realize it.
The funny thing is, the light bulb went off when I was watching a related training of Russell’s.
I don’t want to go into great detail here. Buy Expert Secrets, watch the bonus training session, and you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.
The best is yet to come. Keep checking in.
Until tomorrow. . .
Just take action. (Something I wasn’t doing — lol).